Instrument Making Courses
These courses have the objective of providing the necessary knowledge for the construction of a string instrument in a workshop setting. The student will have all of the necessary materials provided.
The student will have the opportunity of constructing his own instrument in the workshop tradition, where each phase will be guided by the master Gabriel Aguilera.
The intensive courses (for foreign students) will have a duration of 8 to 15 days, depending on which instrument is to be constructed. The student will be offered an optional package which will include housing.
Classes may also be scheduled according to individual availability of the student (non=foreign students).
Following is a list of instruments that may be constructed, the time duration, and price list:
Charango (8 days) € 800
Renaissance Guitar (8 days) € 800
Cuatro Venezolano (8 days) € 800
Classical Guitar (15days) € 1.500
Baroque Guitar (15 days) € 1.500
The courses will be taught in the city of Tuscania (province of Viterbo), Italy, approximately 80 km north of Rome.
1. The student must have some previous experience working with wood.
2. Classes are limited to 5 students.
3. The length of each course will be from 8 to 15 consecutive days, with a day off or with an activity outside the class.
4. The class hours will be from 9 to 1, and from 3 to 7 p.m.
5. The cost of the course will include all of the materials for the construction of a instrument, and a set of strings.
6. The course will be supervised by Gabriel Aguilera, who will be present during class hours for instruction and guidance.
information and reservation